These words lie at the heart of First Unitarian's mission statement and describe who we want to be:
As individuals and in community, we seek to deepen our understanding of Unitarian Universalist principles and to embody them in our lives, that in bold and loving ways we can become agents for spiritual growth, healing, social justice, compassion, and joy.
Our ministries of social justice, religious education, pastoral care, and small groups describe how we put these words into practice. Please click on the links to the left to find out more about how we are making our dream of "nurturing spirits and healing the world" come true.
Pastoral Care—Summer 2017
Emergency Pastoral Care—Your Ministers’ Schedule:
- June 18-26: Rev. Geoff Rimositis, email@example.com, 408-309- 7796
- June 27-July 2: Rev. Nancy Palmer Jones, firstname.lastname@example.org, 408-952- 9418
- July 3-July 20: Rev. Geoff Rimositis, email@example.com, 408-309- 7796
- July 21-September 4: Rev. Nancy Palmer Jones, firstname.lastname@example.org, 408-952-
- September onward: Both your ministers are on call for you!
Pastoral Associates of the Week:
Our trained Pastoral Associates expand the pastoral ministries of the congregation.
They serve as “Pastoral Associates of the Week,” staffing the Pastoral Care table
every Sunday during Social Hour and responding to calls and emails during the week.
Please reach out to them if you need a listening ear or a visit, if you would like them
to help you find a ride to the doctor’s office, or if you have other pastoral needs. They
can reach the ministers this summer in an emergency, too. Here is their summer
schedule, along with the best ways to reach each Pastoral Associate:
- June 18-24: Barbara Grover, email@example.com
- June 25-July 1: Joyce Miller, firstname.lastname@example.org, 408-769- 0534
- July 2-July 8: Natalie Heling, email@example.com, 408-247- 6897
- July 9-July 15: Lois Smallwood, firstname.lastname@example.org, 408-247- 8510
- July 16-July 22: Barbara Grover, email@example.com
- July 23-July 29: Carol Greene, firstname.lastname@example.org
- July 30-August 5: Barbara Grover, email@example.com
- August 6-August 12: Lois Smallwood, firstname.lastname@example.org, 408-247- 8510
- August 13-August 19: Natalie Heling, email@example.com, 408-247-
- August 20-August 26: Joyce Miller, firstname.lastname@example.org, 408-769- 0534
- August 27-September 2: Alice Lynch, email@example.com, 408-410- 1171
- September 3-September 9: Carol Greene, firstname.lastname@example.org
SUNDAY, JULY 2: Rev. Nancy and the Pastoral Associates lead worship on
“Caring for Each Other.”
SAVE THE DATE: HOMECOMING SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 10!
Come pour some water into our common bowl, share what you learn this summer,
and help make our community warmer, deeper, wiser!